Home Inspection Turned Into A Mold Inspection
Stachybotrys, also known as black mold, was found in plain site during a general home inspection. While checking the air filter for the HVAC system I found large amount of mold around the furnace and under the furnace as well as the kitchen sink area.
My client hired me to also perform indoor air quality testing during the home inspection, however this inspection went downhill fast when i found the mold. I took swab samples of the mold as well as air samples in the unit. The lab results came back positive for several types of mold. The client informed me that the mold remediation company has to remove the entire kitchen to remove all the damage.
It’s not the size of your home that determines the amount of damage you have, this unit was only 1100 SqFt and the mold issue covered 1/3 of the unit.